Current Employment Opportunities
- Reviews, develops, modifies and evaluates analog and mixed signal electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for testability, up screening, Reliability Tests.
- Advises engineering on selection, application and test of electronic components and systems
Determines reliability requirements of components and systems to achieve company, customer and any governmental agency reliability objectives
- Makes recommendations for changes in the selection and application of components and systems
- May maintain component data management system including qualification records/results/documentation
- Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability
- Sources, selects, and qualifies components used in the company’s technology
- Investigates alternate component technologies or supplies, reducing cost and improving quality and reliability
- Acts as technical interface between component/production suppliers and development engineers, determining new and alternate sources
- Investigates alternate component technologies or supplies for reduced cost or improved quality and reliability, and implements changes
- Develops guidelines/procedures on vendor selection
- May also review vendor capability to support product development
- Evaluates supplier change notification and qualifies changes, as needed
- Comprehensive understanding of testing components on ATE, Bench Set up, Reference Designs and in circuit tests
- Thorough understanding of using Rack and Stack Instrumentation
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- BSEE and 7-10 years of related industry experience; MSEE and 5+ years of related industry experience, preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Component Engineering
- 3+ years of Hybrid Engineering with an emphasis on Hybrid DC-DC converters
- Knowledge of Hybrid product technology and processes
- Knowledge of qualification of hybrid components and associated processes
- Experience with collaboration among vendors, quality, purchasing and design team members in support of new design
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Good understanding of passive and active components
- Good communications skills, verbal and written
The Burn-in/Reliability Engineer will provide technical support to the organization in the areas of electronic components static and dynamic burn-in for a broad range of devices ranging from diodes, inductors, capacitors, transistors, ASIC to microprocessors.
Working on future concepts where SLT and Thermal Management solutions are required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform vector conversion, burn-in test program development, device hardware set-up and thermal analysis, thermal management.
- Support Burn-in board development, design, layout and validation
- Troubleshoot, debug, and solve software and hardware for Burn-in test related problems
- Generate test setup sheet, test reports and data required by customers
- Work with Engineering and Program Managers to determine the technical requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of components and thermal management techniques
- Vector conversion / Vector Translation and driver set-up
- Monitor jobs during stress cycles using data logging routines
- Hardware and oven repairs, maintenance and calibration
- BS in Engineering, or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Burn-in/Reliability Engineering.
- Bench test and instrumentation testing knowledge and experience a must.
- Hands-on technical experience in the Military and Aerospace industry is preferred.
- Ability to write LabView code using NI equipment and drivers is a plus
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in a test lab environment
- Knowledgeable of electrical test programs for components
- Xilinx and FPGA design experience
Data Acquisition and Analysis Capabilities.
- Proactive self-starter capable of working independently with minimal supervision and high capacity to support multiple tasks with varying levels of complexity;
- High level of personal drive and responsiveness with attention to detail;
- Strong organization, time management and prioritization skills are required
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Please fill out the form below to apply for a position with Spirit Electronics.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team!