Radiation Test Solutions (RTS) is a trusted provider of radiation effects testing for electronic components in aerospace and defense.
Radiation-hardened (Rad-Hard) components are essential for mission success in the harsh environment of space. Whether your electronics need to perform in deep space or in low-earth orbit (LEO) or NewSpace applications, RTS offers mission assurance through MIL-STD-750 and MIL-STD-883 radiation testing at component and system levels.
RTS engineers represent decades of expertise and experience in radiation testing and analysis, allowing them to offer agile and supportive solutions. RTS provides turnkey test services including engineering, analysis and reporting. Testing is performed in-house at the RTS facility in Colorado Springs, CO, with additional remote testing capabilities.
Radiation Test Solutions @ Spirit Electronics
With RTS, we perform component testing at the radiation source for quick and accurate analysis. Spirit can source authorized components and bring our test capabilities on-site with Radiation Test Solutions to manage your testing efficiently with optimal care and control.
This is where high-reliability radiation testing meets agile logistics and program management. RTS is Spirit’s authorized test provider for radiation, allowing us to offer customers high-quality turnkey testing data.
Spirit provides high end test on our Advantest Verigy 93K’s for high complexity parts pre- and post- radiation, while RTS handles test at the beam source. This is a great complement for characterizing the details of the radiation effects on the components, more extensive than just testing at the beam.
Radiation Test Solutions On-Site Capabilities:
- Neutron, Flash X-Ray/Prompt Dose Capabilities
- Total Ionizing Dose (TID) and Device Testing per MIL-STD-750, MIL-STD-883, Method 1019 and ASTM F1892
- Enhanced Low Dose Radiation Sensitivity (ELDRS) Testing
- 14 MeV Neutron Irradiator. Testing per MIL-STD-750 and MIL-STD-883, Method 1017
- Radiation Lot Acceptance Testing (RLAT)
- Focal Plane Array (FPA) Radiation, Characterization and Testing
- Radiation Engineering and Component Qualification Planning
- Wafer Lot Radiation Screening, Characterization, and Qualification
- MIL-STD-750 and MIL-STD-883 Screening and Qualification of Advanced COTS Devices as well as Design Engineering for Radiation Hardened Devices
- Dose-rate/prompt dose – Flash X-Ray – Ion Physics FX25
- MIL-STD-883; TM 1020, TM 1021, and TM 1023
- Dose-rate/prompt dose – Flash X-Ray – Pulserad 112
Remote Test Capabilities:
- Heavy Ion and Proton Single Event Effects or SEE: Single Event Latch Up (SEL), Single Event Upset (SEU), Single Event Transient (SET), Single Event Burnout (SEB) and Single Event Gate Rapture (SEGR) – EIA/JESD 57, ASTM F1192
- Dose Rate Latch-Up and Upset
- TAMU, LBNL, NSRL, High Energy Proton Test Facilities, and others
- (ASTM F1192 & EIA/JESD57)
- 200+ hours used at heavy ion facilities in 2016
- 300+ hours used at heavy ion facilities in 2017
Radiation Test Standards and Specifications:
Radiation Test Solutions is a qualified DLA commercial lab provider.
1005 (A-F, air, Ta, Tc), 1014 (B1, B2, B1/B2), 1015 (A-F, air, Ta, Tc), 1017, 1019 (A-E), 1020, 1021, 1023, electrical test at 25 degrees C
1017, 1019 (A-E), 1071 (A, B, G1 and G2), 2071, 3011 (A), 3036, 3041, 3061, 3066, 3071, 3076
ASTM F 1192