Explore your universe in space and defense with one of the oldest and most reliable brands in the business. The Renesas high-reliability components line began as Radiation, Inc. in 1950, grew into the Intersil brand, and was brought into the Renesas corporation in 2017.
Renesas has built on seven decades of experience in space and defense to design and innovate new improved components for mission success. Nearly every satellite in space trusts a Renesas component on board.
Renesas manufactures their space and defense products with controlled MIL-PRF-38535 QML compliance in Palm Bay, Florida. Products come with a range of reliability data to support SMD, MIL-STD-883 and Class-V/Q compliance.
Renesas Intersil ICs operate aboard the Mars Perseverance rover.
Renesas’s rad-hard power management and analog products are ideal for deep space harsh environments.
Renesas Intersil Space Products
Highly reliable, efficient, accurate radiation hardened and radiation tolerant ICs for space applications and other radiation environments.
- All products are MIL-PRF-38535/QML compliant
- All products are 100% burned in
- Consistent design and manufacturing in their MIL-PRF-38535-qualified facility in Palm Bay, Florida
- Renesas is one of only a few RHA Defense Logistics Agency (Land and Maritime) QML suppliers
- All products are fully Class V (space level) compliant
- All products are on individual DLA SMD drawings
Renesas performs multi-layer radiation testing to characterize products for harsh space environments.
- Wafer-to-wafer low dose rate acceptance testing
- High dose rate acceptance testing
Rad-Hard Products for Space and Harsh Environment
- QML Class V/Q products
- Radiation characterized for the harshest space environments
Rad-Tolerant Products for Low-Earth Orbit and NewSpace Applications
- Plastic packaging
- Radiation characterized for low-Earth orbit
- Cost efficient for commercial and New Space
DIE & WAFER
Spirit is an authorized value-add reseller for all Renesas hi-rel die and wafer products.
Die & wafer products:
- Are made with the same performance specs as packaged product
- Are smaller and lighter weight, minimal profile
- Provide a performance boost without the temperature limits of packaged chips
- Can handle higher levels of shock and vibration
- Have fewer interconnects, improving electrical reliability and performance
- Can be custom integrated for a smaller footprint with optimized performance
Spirit’s experienced warehouse and on-site test lab allow us to handle and inspect die & wafer products to meet your custom requirements.
Renesas can produce nearly all hi-rel product as a die or wafer product.
Renesas hi-rel products:
- GaN FETs
- GaN FET Drivers
- MOSFET Drivers
- Load Switches
- Switching Controllers
- Temperature Sensors
- AD Converters
- Source Drivers
- Transistor Arrays
- Voltage References
- Sample and Hold
- Current Sources
- DA Converters
- CAN Bus Transceivers