Radiation Effects Testing & Support Services
From electrical test to beam time, and from hardware to software development, Spirit can support a range of Radiation Effects Testing for critical applications.
Radiation testing can be challenging with limited beam resources and scheduling, and electrical testing often needs to be performed at the beam source for effective test data. Spirit’s expertise and partnerships allow us to manage radiation test logistics and ensure quality handling and preservation of components for the duration of the test program.
RTS @ Spirit Electronics
Read about our partnered offerings with Radiation Test Solutions, a trusted provider of radiation effects testing for electronic components in aerospace and defense.
Our MIL-STD Radiation Effects Test services include:
- Determining the effects of gamma radiation on microelectronics and photonics components and systems.
- Total Ionizing Dose (TID) and Device Testing per MIL-STD-750, MIL-STD-883, Method 1019 and ASTM F1892.
- Enhanced Low Dose Radiation Sensitivity (ELDRS) Testing
- 14 MeV Neutron Irradiator. Testing per MIL-STD-750 and MIL-STD-883, Method 1017
- Radiation Lot Acceptance Testing (RLAT)
- Heavy Ion Single Event Effects or SEE: Single Event Latch Up (SEL), Single Event Upset (SEU), Single Event Transient (SET), Single Event Burnout (SEB) and Single Event Gate Rapture (SEGR) – EIA/JESD 57, ASTM F1192
- Radiation Engineering and Component Qualification Planning
- Wafer Lot Radiation Screening, Characterization, and Qualification
- MIL-STD-750 and MIL-STD-883 Screening, Reliability and Qualification of COTS Devices, FPGA’s as well as ASIC Design Engineering for Radiation Hardened Devices
“Radiation Tolerance Meets Commercial Space”
Spirit Electronics is featured in an article about high-performance, radiation tolerant electronics for space in the June 2020 issue of Military & Aerospace Electronics magazine. Editor John Keller explores options for balancing costs, capability, size, weight and power consumption for new space designs.