Testing & Screening
Our engineers are experienced in high-speed digital, mixed signal, analog, RF and SOC test-program development. Our team of experienced engineers will work seamlessly with you and your team to help meet your market challenges.
Wafer Test & Sort
Spirit Electronics provides wafer sort to bin similar speed and performance die at wafer level. Once properly binned, the die is prime for stacked die and multi-chip module applications thus reducing cost, reworks and low lot yields.
Our approach to wafer probe encompasses a membrane probe card to ensure good contact without die pad damage. Wafer dicing and pick & place from the die map produces a shipable waffle/gel pack of tested, known good die for easy assembly to our customer.
Spirit offers a vast array of electrical test services to meet the application specific need for the complexity of the wafer under test. Our offering utilizes the best cost effective tester for the die size, number of touch downs and performance, to maximize rate of return and optimization of test coverage per the data sheet.
Electrical test at three temperatures is uniquely specified to cover additional parameters to insure the quality and integrity of the die being used in critical applications.
- Wafer Speed Binning
- Wafer Temperature Binning
- Wafer “in family” data segregation
- Known Good Die
- Waffle/Gel Pack sorting
- Function Tests
- AC parameters
- DC parameters
- Application specific I/O test
- Customer configured testing
- Data sheet verification
- Anti-counterfeit validation
Spirit has a vast array of Automated Test Equipment (ATE) to meet the application specific need for the complexity of the device under test (DUT). Our offering utilizes the best cost effective ATE for the DUT in order to maximize rate of return and optimization of test coverage per the data sheet.
Electrical test data, tested over three temperatures, is uniquely specified to cover additional parameters to insure the quality and integrity of the device being used in critical applications. Electrical test provides additional data to validate flight units for the life of the mission.
Hi Speed Transceivers
Environmental, Reliability & Radiation Testing
Our Environmental Testing capabilities include:
- Highly Accelerated Stress Test (HAST)
- High and Low Temperature Operating Limits (HTOL/LTOL)
- High Temperature Storage Life (HTSL)
- Temperature Humidity Bias (THB)
Our Reliability Testing capabilities include:
- Accelerated Evaluation & Qualification
- Advanced Chamberless Burn-in (RF device testing)
- Board-level Solder Joint Reliability
- Mechanical Testing
- High-reliability Qualification
- Device characterization / Feasibility Analysis
- Multiple package/product evaluation
- High-powered, liquid and RF burn-in
Key Reliability Test Services
- Acoustic Microscopy
- Ball / Die Shear
- EFR Analysis
- Fine/Gross Leak — Kr85
- Mechanical Shock, Vibration, Acceleration
- Particle Impact Noise Detection (PIND)
- Salt Atmosphere
- Shadow Moiré/Warpage Analysis
- Temperature/Power Cycle Operating Life
- Thermal Shock
- Other Level III & Sub System
- Chip Removal and Re-assembly for RAD Testing
- Backside Chip Thinning and Re-assembly for Heavy Ion Radiation testing
- PC Board Design, Quick-Turn Prototyping and Assembly
- Radiation Test Engineering support including test plan development and test result reports.
Radiation Effects Testing
Spirit Electronics offers comprehensive radiation effects testing and support services, from electrical test, beam time, hardware and software development.
Our MIL-STD Radiation Effects Test services include:
- Determine the effects of gamma radiation on microelectronics and photonics components and systems.
- Total Ionizing Dose (TID) and Device Testing per MIL-STD-750, MIL-STD-883, Method 1019 and ASTM F1892.
- Enhanced Low Dose Radiation Sensitivity (ELDRS) Testing
- 14 MeV Neutron Irradiator. Testing per MIL-STD-750 and MIL-STD-883, Method 1017
- Radiation Lot Acceptance Testing (RLAT)
- Heavy Ion Single Event Effects or SEE: Single Event Latch Up (SEL), Single Event Upset (SEU), Single Event Transient (SET), Single Event Burnout (SEB) and Single Event Gate Rapture (SEGR) – EIA/JESD 57, ASTM F1192
- Radiation Engineering and Component Qualification Planning
- Wafer Lot Radiation Screening, Characterization, and Qualification
- MIL-STD-750 and MIL-STD-883 Screening, Reliability and Qualification of COTS Devices, FPGA’s as well as ASIC Design Engineering for Radiation Hardened Devices.