AVX is pleased to announce its latest multilayer varistor SMD solution for overvoltage protection in high-temperature applications. The VT Series now expands the temperature range of overvoltage protection to 175°C.
AVX leads the way for multilayer varistor devices by incorporating a modified grain boundary to the zinc oxide based ceramic semiconductor material that is reliable at high temperatures. Grain size and boundary interface correspond to clamping voltage, and multiple values are available. This unique design expresses qualities of back-to-back zener diodes in the on-state, with the added benefit of greater current and energy withstanding properties. In the off-state, the monolithic construction of electrodes and ceramic layers offer EMC benefits, obsoleting the need for discrete TVS diodes and EM filter capacitor on a communications bus.
Features / Benefits:
- Multiple Strike Capability Compliant with IEC 61000-4-2 25kV Direct Contact ESD
- Zero Temp. Derating Across Full Operating Temperature Range of -55° C to 175° C
- AEC-Q200 Qualified
- Low Leakage Current
- Bi-Directional Protection + Broadband EMI Filter
- Small 0603/0805 Case Size. Replaces TVS Diodes with Smaller Footprint
- Applications: High temperature Automotive, Industrial & Consumer applications requiring circuit protection in a small footprint